Office: Neill Hall 230
Phone: (509) 335-3150
Fax: (509) 335-1188
Education and Training
- Postdoctoral Researcher, Princeton University, 2013-2017
- PhD in Statistics, Purdue University, 2012
- MA in Mathematics, University of Hawaii, 2009
- MS in Mathematics, Sichuan University, 2006
I am actively looking for students with a strong backbround in mathematics, statistics and programming to work with me. Please send me your CV if you are interested.
- Simultaneous inference (including variable/model selection and multiple comparison) with applications in biology and pharmaceutical science, focusing on a unified framework for grouped, adaptively weighted FDR procedures for general p-values (that are not necessarily super-uniform).
Latent variable models for high-dimensional data with applications in genomics and signal processing, focusing on the relationship between variational Bayes inference and non-parameteric cross-dimensional inference.
Analysis of non-Euclidean data (such as networks, shapes, images and tensors), focusing on establishing a framework for statistical modeling and inference with partial or no vector space structure.
Spectra of random matrices (including those of sample auto-correlation/auto-covariance matrices/adjacency matrices) with applications to inference on high-dimensional data, which contributes to analysis of non-Euclidean data
Statistical inference on stochastic differential equations (including those driven by fractional Brownian motions) with applications in finance, biology and geology
More about me and my research ...