A few things should be noted.
- You are permitted to add a <link> tag. Aside from that you may not change any HTML. All changes in appearance must be made in the separate CSS file.
- The details of appearance will depend on the size and shape of the browser window. The picture always stays at the right of the window, and the center section grows and shrinks to fill the space around the picture. Thus, do not worry unreasonably about the position of words on the page. Do note that we used a clear attribute on the footer to cause it to ignore the picture.
- The links in the navigation area turn light blue when you mouse over them.
- Observe that most (but not all) of the document uses a sans-serif font.
- To turn in the assignment, mail your completed CSS file to the instructor. He will view his own copy of the HTML using your CSS. Thus, you see he has a copy of the HTML - don't send that.
The assignment is worth 40 points, and is due at 1:00 PM on Tuesday, 4 September.