- Visit http://math.wsu.edu
- Visit http://www.sci.wsu.edu/math. What do you notice?
- Visit http://www.math.wsu.edu:80. Does this look familiar?
- Visit http://www.math.wsu.edu:81.
- Visit http://126.96.36.199 and http://188.8.131.52/math . Obviously, we have just found several ways to contact the same computer, with different sites according to how we specify the URL.
- Find the name of the computer 184.108.40.206.
- Find the IP address of www.sci.wsu.edu.
- Visit http://math.wsu.edu/~kcooper What is the ~ about?
- Visit portal.wsu.edu:443 What is the 443 about?
- Visit https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2 What is the ? about? How about the https?
- Visit file:///. What is that about?
- Visit whatismyipaddress.com. Enter the address 220.127.116.11 in the text box. Explain.
Assignment 6 is posted.
The midterm exam will take place on Friday, 12 October. As always, you are permitted any paper notes you find useful, but no electronic devices are allowed. The test is cumulative, but emphasizes the material covered in the last fours weeks. A sample exam is available.
You need to install Matlab on your computer by Wednesday. You do not need Simulink or any particular toolboxes, though you might find the Symbolic toolbox useful at some time in the future (not in this class).